Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You put your chocolate in my peanutbutter!

Haha! Do you remember those commercials??

So this morning my daughter decided she wanted to make cookies, but I had no intention of turning the oven on... So off I went on a search for no-bake cookie recipes from my favorite recipe site, www.allrecipes.com. I found this one, and OMG they look delicious!!

After reading the recipe reviews, I made it with the following revisions...

INGREDIENTS
1 cup white sugar (I used half white, half brown)
1 cup white corn syrup (I used half light corn syrup and half honey)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups peanut butter (I used crunchy)
4 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal

I also added 1/2 cup each of raisins and chocolate chips, mmmmmm!

DIRECTIONS
Add the sugars, syrup and honey to a large saucepan. Cooking over med-high, bring to a full rolling boil for one minute. Remove from heat and add the vanilla, peanut butter and stir until thoroughly combined. Add the crispy rice cereal, and raisins, and mix completely. Add the chips last so they only melt a little bit. Drop by teaspoons onto wax paper (I used a small ice cream type scoop). The cookies will be slightly soft when done.


Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment