Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thinking Inking cards

I have been watching THESE classes over at 2peas the last few weeks, and decided to give them a try. I absolutely LOVE Jennifer McGuire's style, and she does and amazing job of demonstrating new techniques in these classes.

The classes are free to anyone wanting to watch them, so check them out! They are posted at 2peas on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and there are 9 weeks of classes, and this is week 4. They are about 5 to 10 minutes long and they focus on distressing and mostly Ranger/Tim Holtz and Hero Arts products, but not exclusivley. I splurged on some Tim Holtz inks a few weeks ago and decided to try the cards from the first class video. They were fun!! Totally 'out of my box', since distressing is something I only do a little of, but I really enjoyed it! I think I just might have to try each video and make it ;)


These 3 cards all have the same patterned paper, just different inks brushed on. The first is Frayed Burlap, then Peeled Paint, then Broken China.

Photobucket


#1 is Dusty Concord mixed with Worn Lipstick
#2 Peeled Paint mixed with Spiced Marmalade
#3 Fired Brick mixed with Broken China
#4 Weathered Wood mixed with Peeled Paint
The background is stamped with Walnut Stain (script letters, and also stamped on the flowers), and I went over each of these with a brown ink to blend more, but can't remember which was which.

Photobucket



Photobucket


#1 Broken China and Dusty Concord
#2 Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood
#3 Tea Dye and Walnut Stain
#4 Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade

This batch is my favorite, cool huh???
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. They are very cool! Amazing how a little ink can totally change the look.

    ReplyDelete