Sunday, July 12, 2009

More Thinking Inking...

I tried another new technique this morning! I made some watercolor backgrounds like these from the FREE CLASSES I mentioned before at TwoPeas ;)


So I punched a couple of different sized circles from white cardstock, and used the technique from the class to color them. Then I used Versamark watermark ink and heat embossed with white, clear and sparkly embossing powders. These are the ones I have leftover, after making the cards.

Photobucket



Photobucket


All these cards (just the fronts for now, I will adhere them to a blank card later) I stamped on kraft cardstock. I had these already, from the retreat I went to about 3 weeks ago. I had spent one of the evenings taking a break from scrapbooking, and went to town with Mal and Renee's stamps and powders, thanks Ladies! I started with the card base, and each one had the heat embossed images on them already. I added the background and sentiment stamps, inking, and embellishments today. I also slightly inked the circles to make the heat embossing more noticeable.

Photobucket



This one, I had a slight stamping mishap, so had to cover it up ;)

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


This one was my favorite!

Photobucket


Here is a couple close-ups of the embossing....

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

I used to only use inks sparingly, and on the edges for some slight distressing, but I am LOVING THIS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you rocked the thinking inking classes! great stuff here!!

    ReplyDelete