Thursday, June 11, 2009

500 miles = 2,640,000 feet

...And is approximately 1 MILLION steps. That's like walking down I-5 from my house in Bellingham, Washington to just past Eugene, Oregon. Or from LA to Cedar City, Utah. Or from Kansas City, Missouri to Clarksville, Tennessee. Or even from NYC to Raleigh, North Carolina.



Going 70 MpH it would take you just 7.25 hours. But on my own two feet, it took me 441 days.



I started walking on March 27th, 2008 to get ready for the Seattle 3day that September, and I thought it would be darn near be IMPOSSIBLE to walk 60 miles in 3 days.

60 miles, phooey... I walked 504, Baby!! And now I have just 91 days until I get to do it again. Help me out folks!

www.the3day.org/goto/shasta

1 comment:

  1. Shasta, I am so impressed and so proud of you! You're doing such an awesome job and should feel soooo good about this. I am seriously impressed. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete