Wednesday, September 22, 2010

PTI Inspired...

I love, Love, LOVE Papertrey Ink stuff :)  Love their products, love their designers, love it all!  I was browsing the site last month and came across this set of cards that I had to try making.  And as much as I would have loved to order the stamp set, I had enough leaf stamps in my stash to make my own version!  I used a bunch of misc. stamps; Hero Arts, $1 stamps from Joann's, and the one on the far right is also from Joann's, but don't remember the name.

Photobucket


These are the ink colors I used...

Photobucket


First, I inked up the stamps directly from the pads, spritzed them with water, and then stamped randomly all over the paper.  I wanted it a bit more watercolor-like, so I did the second round a bit different.

Photobucket


Photobucket


I applied the ink to my craft sheet and then spritzed the craft sheet with water.  Then, using the sheet as my 'ink pad,' I inked up the stamps that way.  I got a bit more variation in the colors, and more control over the water.

Photobucket


I wasn't planning on doing two pages, but I had enough ink left on my craft sheet to do another one :)

Photobucket

Photobucket


This set of stamps is a Martha Stewart set, with each flower having an outline and a solid image that match.  I stamped the solid shape first, with a spritz of water on the stamp, then the outline in the same color without water.  Not sure how I like it, but it may look better when cut up on the card :)

Photobucket


Each piece of 8 1/2" x 11" paper was cut into 8 pieces, 2 3/4" x 4 1/4". 
Photobucket


I mounted the cut squares onto cardstock, and sewed around the edges with my sewing machine.  I also inked up the edges with some Tim Holtz Tea Dye ink with the blending tool, added the ribbon, and then it was all ready for a card base!
Photobucket


I haven't added any sentiments yet, still working on that part!  But I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for the Seattle 3day Breast Cancer Walk, so that will have to wait ;)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment