Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Today's yummy soup, Thanks Gayle!

So I changed it up a tiny bit to fit what I had in my pantry, but not much.  SO YUMMY!


Italian Sausage Soup

Brown 1 package of sausage in a soup pot (I didn't have spicy sausage, so used plain smoked sausage)


Add 2 cans beef broth (None in my pantry, so I used 6 cups water and beef bullion to taste)

1 quart stewed tomatoes ( I used 2 cans, one with green chiles, one without, plus the juice)

Veggies - onions, carrots, and celery, chopped and sauteed first, plus chopped garlic

Add 2 cans red wine (I am not a huge fan, so used only one can, but was pleasantly suprised!)

Let simmer . 10 minutes before serving - add your favorite kind of noodles (I used macaroni)

Since I didn't have spicy sausage, I added some chipotle flavored Tobasco sauce, plus a few sprigs of fresh Thyme and Rosemary.


This was soooo good!





No comments:

Post a Comment