Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yesterday's projects...

I had some free time yesterday and after wasting about 3 hours on shopping and Facebook, I worked on these when I got home ;)
I have always thought these little cupcake toppers were so cute, and thought I would give them a try.  All of the images are from the clear Studio G stamps that you can find at Michael's and Joann's for $1.  I used a 2" scallop punch, and two circle punches, 1 1/4" and 1 1/2".

Then I decided to color the images.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks, water and Perfect Pearls powder.  I keep a bottle of water mixed with some of the Perfect Pearls just for projects like this (Thanks to Jennifer McGuire)!    First I rubbed the ink pad on my craft sheet and then sprayed a couple shots from the bottle to mix in.  Then I used  a paint brush to pain in the images.  It is hard to see in the pics how shimmery it is.







My test sheet of paper to see if I liked the colors...













And these last ones I didn't do any coloring to, and I LOVE this stamp set ;) 



BTW, all of these can be found in my ETSY store!

2 comments: