Monday, May 26, 2008

Yummy food...

I made the best dinner last night, and even the leftovers tonight were good! I made baked spaghetti...

First, mix cooked spag noodles with a few tablespoons of olive oil, 2 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and set aside. Then cook ground sausage or beef and saute some onions, salt, peper, and add a jar of spag sauce. Layer 1/2 the noodles, then half the meat and sauce mixture, then a layer of cottage cheese (I added salt and pepper here too), and repeat. Top with more parm and cheddar cheese, then pour 1/2 cup water over the whole thing and bake at 375 until bubbly, about 30-45 minutes. It was DELISH!

Then I decided to make homemade hummus. My step mom made some a few weeks ago and I tried it and it was so good! I have always stayed away from it because I didn't know what it was, but I like it! LOL :)

Add 2 cans garbanzo beans and about 1/2 the juice, 2 T lemon juice, 1 T EVOO, 2 cloves garlic, and 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste, I found it at Trader Joe's) all in a food processor and blend. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Ok I am not even hungry but I want to go get my bowl out of the fridge and some crackers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment