Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie...

Ever since we have had kids, I work part-time in the afternoons and evenings, and we work it out so they don't have to go to daycare.  One of us is always home with them, which is nice, plus it helps the pocketbook also!  That means between his schedule and mine, I head out the door about 20 minutes after he gets home, and I usually don't get home until around 7PM or so.  For the last oh, EIGHT years, he has been the primary cook around here for dinner.

So my hubs asked me what I wanted to eat the other night, and I told him I was in the mood for homemade chicken pot pie...  He hesitated for a second, and then said ok, he would make one.  I asked him if he wanted something else instead, and he replied, no, that was fine, but he didn't think he had enough time to make the crust plus a few other errands he had planned.  Yep, my hubs likes to bake, gotta love that!  So I said no worries, throw some Bisquick on top and call it good and headed out the door to work.

I got home and what did I find?  A delicious dinner with a homemade crust :)  He even commented that is was so pretty that maybe I should "take a picture of it and post it on that blog-thingy" of mine, LOL!

So here it is folks!  It IS pretty darn nice looking isn't it?  He even put his initial "K" as the steam holes in the top, that made me literally LOL!




He even made the sauce from scratch, and it was thick enough that the inside didn't slide out all over the pie plate, it was so good :)  Thanks Hubs!

1 comment:

  1. What a great hubby!! Will he share his recipe??? That looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete