Sunday, March 1, 2009

Scrabble Tiles....

So I spent my weekend making these, and they were fun!

My inspiration came from some I found on Etsy as necklaces or other jewelery, but they could also be used as fun card or page embellies!

I found a Scrabble game at a second hand store for $3.99!


Photobucket


Spread on some Tacky Glue...

Photobucket


Let them dry...

Photobucket


Cut them out with an Exacto knife...

Photobucket

The one on the left has just been cut out with the knife, and the one on the left I sanded down the edges with an emery board for a smooth finish.

Photobucket


I stuck the tile on a craft stick so I could Mod Podge all the edges and the top....

Photobucket


Let dry...

Photobucket


Did some stamping....

Photobucket


Added the Crystal Lacquer...

Photobucket


And this is what they look like when they are done, though these are covered with patterned paper instead ;)


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. How adorable are these, smartie pants. I think I will have to scraplift this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG . . I need some cheap Scrabble tiles now! LMAO! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent tutorial Shasta. I'm totally going to bookmark this post for a cheap Christmas gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.. MY.. GAWD...!!!!!!!!!!!

    How cute are those?!!?!?!?

    Shasta.. you are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay....so it is early and my brain is not working but what do you do with these? I love them and am trying to think of how to use them. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those. You could almost makes those into necklaces.

    ReplyDelete