Monday, March 9, 2009

My retreat pages!

I got done this time. Not as many as usual, but I promised myself I would finish EACH ONE, completely. As in all journaling and everything, so they took a little while longer! I got 4 more pages almost completed too, but they aren't titled and embellished yet, so I will post them when they are finished ;) I also tried to use swap stuff, so if you see it, claim it please!!



"Cinnamonless Rolls"
sketch by Rachel Ricks

Photobucket

Untitled
sketch by Day
This self-portrait doesn't have a title yet, but I am not convinced it needs one... The tag is a swap item.

Photobucket


"Splash"
sketch by Day
This title is a swap item...

Photobucket


"Like a kid in a candy store"
sketch by Day
Journaling:
"Most kids like to draw on plain paper, but Aaron prefers lined notebooks. He can fill one up in less than an hour with cars, trucks, Super Mario Brothers, stories, all kinds of random stuff. When we went school shopping for first grade, these notebooks were on sale for $.20 instead of the normal $.96 al WalMart. So we boguth 20 of them and he was happeir than a clam! When the flyer came out when it was time to go shopping for second grade, I saw that the notebooks were only $.05... And I had an idea. I took Aaron to WalMart and told him we were going shopping for school supplies. We got the usualu stuff.. A backpack and lunchbox, glue sticks, pencils, crayons, etc. When we were all done, I took him down the isle that had all the spiral notebooks and told him that he could hace as many of them as he wanted! He just stared at me, like "Huh??" So I told him again, he could have all the notebooks that he wanted. At firsthe just looked at e, not quite sure what to do. When I gestured to the notebooks, and reassured him that he REALLY COULD have some, he picked up a few and put them in the cart. He looked at me again, still not comprehending that he could have more! So I said, "Do you want more?" HE said yes, and put a couple more in the cart... It took some encouraging, but we pretty much cleaned out the store, and ended up with 196 noteboooks. He ws SO happy, and I felt pretty good too. How often can you tell your kids that, here, have as MANY of these as you want??? All for less than $20 too.... PRICELESS!!"

Photobucket



"{Happy Feet}"
sketch by Day
Journaling:
"These Asics shoes are worth their weight in GOLD! Kim, Matty, Calie and I went to Fairhaven Runner to get fitted for some good shoes, and I sure got my money's worth out of these. They started by having us walk barefoot so they could really see how our feet moved when we walked. I must have tried on a dozen pairs, but I kept going back to these ones. Each time I tried on a pair, they would lace them up for me and then they encouraged us to walk down the street, and even around the block to really see how they felt. I was extremely happy with the staff nd even more so with these shoes! They saw me through over 250 training miles and 44 miles during the 3day walk, and whoever thought you could that far with not a SINGLE BLISTER?!"

Photobucket


"First Day"
sketch by Day
This is a swap tag I made. The background is a piece of pp that I cut out with an Exacto knife, and I think my finger still hurts!

Photobucket

"Drama Queen"
sketch by Day
These were Deco Squares I made for a swap

Photobucket

"Obsess much?"
sketch by Rachel Ricks


Photobucket


"Happy"
sketch by Day


Photobucket


"Monroe Crop House"
sketch unknown


Photobucket

"Sun-Kissed"
sketch by Day

Photobucket


"Just Me"
sketch by Valerie Salmon


Photobucket

"Last Day of School"
sketch unknown

Photobucket

"Chillin Out"
sketch unknown


Photobucket


"4th of July"
sketch by Chris Geiser


Photobucket


"{fire}works"
sketch unknown

Photobucket


"Diggin' 4 Gold"
sketch unknown

Photobucket


"Silent Auction"
sketch by PageMaps


Photobucket

"{fun}-draising"
sketch by PageMaps


Photobucket

"Lake Whatcom *Park*"
sketch by Shanna


Photobucket

"Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can." -Danny Kaye
sketch unknown


Photobucket

"Saving Jenny's Jugs"
sketch by PageMaps

Photobucket

"Strawberry Festival"
sketch by PageMaps

Photobucket



"Flower"
sketch by Chris Gieser

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. THose are so cute! I love the ones of Aaron w/ the strips and the frames. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pick a favorite. They are all great. I think I love the one about Aaron's notebooks the most because it really shows his personality and your love for him as his Mommy.

    They all turned out super fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lake Whatcome, Cinnamonless Rolls and the one about the notebooks. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job as always. Thanks for teaching me so much about scrapping. I only saw a few that you did this weekend. I am glad you post them here so I can see them all. I love the notebook story and pic. It is so stinking funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LOs Shasta! They are all wonderful, but my favorite is Aaron looking out the window and how you did the layers of frames.

    ReplyDelete