Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cards frm this weekend

I am still having so much fun with Jennifer McGuire's classes at http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/! I used some techniques from a few different classes, mostly week 7's


For this one, I used a DCWV card and stamped the swirl on both the card and the white cardstock with Broken China Distress Ink, then I used clear embossing powder over it. For the pearly acent, I mixed a bit of Perfect Pearls powder with water and some of the same Broken China ink and brushed it right on the paper, very cool! The stamp is by Heidi Grace.

Photobucket



Photobucket


For this one I did the same thing, except I used the Worn Lipstick ink instead.

Photobucket



I just love these two Hero Arts stamps!! This background one is so versatile, and this butterfly one is just so cute :)

This is also a DCWV card, and I stamped the background with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. This piece of canvas I got at Joann's for a steal! They sell canvas by the yard for about $8 and I just need about 1/3 of a yard and I have lots left. I painted the canvas with orange acrylic paint, and then stamped the butterfly with clear embossing ink. I added 2 layers of clear powder, and then painted over it with the same orange color but with a little water and white paint added. The darker color shows through the embossing powder and looks very cool! The lined paper is Scenic Route and the stamp is by Inkadinkado. I also used some Stickles on thebackground and a few different Fiskars border punches.

Photobucket


The one on the left was done the same as the one above, but with different colors of pink paints. The one on the right is a little different. I stamped the background with clear embossing ink and clear powder, and added Stickles. The canvas was stamped with white embossing powder and then covered with Fired Brick Distress Ink. The cards are DCWV, and the stamp is from Heidi Grace, LOVE her!

Photobucket


These are the same as the other ones, except the green one I had to make my own colored card. I didn't have the right color green, so I stamped the background stamp in Peeled Paint Distress Ink, and then used the blending tool to cover a white card with the same color ink.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment